September 23, 2014

see you in 18!

The time has come!


As I sit here composing this blog post, I am having a hard time finding words for the things I want to express to you all today. So many emotions I am feeling and I am not quite sure how to convey them, so bare with me.

This will be my last blog post that I personally post for the next 18 months! I sat down with my parents and tried, REPEAT TRIED to teach them how to use my blog account (pray that they can do it) so they will be able to transfer over some emails, pictures, and stories weekly as I go about my 18 month journey serving The Lord.

So don't forget to keep checking the blog!!! Side note- my parents are the greatest and I have full faith in them that they can conquer all this blog stuff!

Like I mentioned in my farewell talk, when I received my mission call in May, September was so far away. Now the day for me to leave has finally come and I can't even believe it.

I am not going to lie, packing up my suitcases, saying goodbye to everything and everyone that has been apart of my life for the past 19 years, and walking out my front doors, leaving Utah for 18 months is not easy.

Anything new is scary. It is time for me to close one chapter of my life and open up a new one that is far beyond anything I have ever done. There is so much that awaits me, the next 18 months will indeed change my life forever.

With that being said, the emotions of excitement that run through my body are unbelievable. The experiences I am going to experience, the people I am going to meet, the miracles I am going to witness, the relationship I am going to gain with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, are some of the many things that I can't wait for. I know that my mission will shape me into the person that I want and need to be.

There is something waiting for me in Missouri and I can't wait to go out and find it.

That is exactly where I need to be and that is exactly where Heavenly Father needs me for the next 18 months.


The gospel of Jesus Christ has given me hope when I didn't believe there was any, happiness on my hardest days, peace and comfort daily, and it has taught me that I have a best friend and his name is Heavenly Father. I have learned that he is there for me, he will always listen to me, he hears my cries and my pleads. He answers prayers. He is aware of me and knows me personally by name. He has a plan for me and if I trust in him and follow him, everything will be okay. He will always open his arms to grasp me full of love, mercy, and grace. And even when I fall, he will pick me up and carry me, time and time again. I also have a knowledge of my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I know that he died for me, a sinless and most perfect man had to go through something so hard that we can't even begin to understand it. I know that The Savior loves every single one of us. He wants us to do everything we can to return to dwell in his presence and our loving, kind, and indeed patient Heavenly Father's presence again. I know that because of the atonement of Jesus Christ we can be given second chances time and time again. I love the peace I feel from being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love this gospel, it has shaped me into the person I am today.

I love my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ, for I would be nothing without them.

Now it is my turn to go walk around, wearing a little black name tag teaching others about the happiness that comes from being a member of  the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and how to return back to our loving Heavenly Father.

Everyone deserves to know the truth and happiness that comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ. I mean, EVERYONE.

I can't thank you enough for the love and support you have all shown me. A lot of you are the reason behind why my name will soon be Sister Dahlberg. Your encouraging words, your love, and your support means so much.

I have the best examples in my life and I am going to miss you all. I hope that you are planning on writing me as I go throughout my mission.

My email-
brooke.dahlberg@mydsmail.net

Letters to Missouri-
Sister Brooke Lynn Dahlberg
Missouri St. Louis Mission
1850 Craigshire Rd Ste 205
St. Louis MO 63146

I look forward to hearing from you!

Always remember to be happy and remember that you are never alone. The gospel of Jesus Christ is everything you need.


BE HAPPY. BE HAPPY. BE HAPPY.

I wish you all so much success and happiness the next 18 months!!!

Time will go quick and I will be back before we can even believe it.

To my friends and family, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

I wouldn't want to be doing anything else right now and I know that I am needed in Missouri.

ST. LOUIS I AM COMING FOR YOU AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO BE MY NEW HOME FOR THE NEXT YEAR IN A HALF!


Much love to you all. You will be in my prayers and in my thoughts often.

WRITE ME! WRITE ME! WRITE ME! Oh how I would love that so much.

You are all so wonderful.

See you in 18!


Love,

The girl off to Missouri, Sister Dahlberg!!!!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment