September 29, 2014

First Week At The MTC






Dear Family and Friends,

It is me, Sister Dahlberg, coming to you live at the MTC. I have so much to say to you all, I just don't know where to start. I want you to know that I love and miss you all dearly. You have been in my prayers and I love telling people all about you. 

It is so hard to remember everything that happens here because so much happens everyday and it is all so fabulous. So here we go...

The first day I arrived, I saw Sister Furniss (the girl I met on Facebook) and guess what? She is living in my cute little room with me. My companion, oh my companion I love her. Her name is Sister Petrie and she is from New Hampshire, the sweetest, most loving, Christ-like, thing. She went to BYU last year, so she is familiar with the area. She is literally the biggest blessing so far on my mission. She helps me learn so much and her testimony is rock solid. Sister Furniss's companion, Sister Shontell is from Arizona, she was the SBO president at her high school, she just graduated and she makes me laugh so hard. Well, a lot of people make me laugh here and she is definitely a fireball. We all work really hard and feed off of each other’s strength. We make sure to fit in laughing and jokes because it breaks up the day and makes things fun.

So this is pretty funny, the first day we got here, they put us all in a line and the first thing they did was put on my nametag, I was sooooooooooooooooo happy, I could cry. I love that little black tag and in fact my favorite part of the day is being able to put it on. The first day we had a little round orange sticker put on our nametag, to show everyone it was our first day. Everyone was so friendly and yelled "WELCOME TO THE MTC" alllll dayyyyy lonnnnggggg. It was to the point where it was almost embarrassing, but hey, everyone is so friendly here, I am not complaining. Let's just say I was so happy to peel that off that orange sticker on the second day. So with that being said, I survived my first day at the MTC!!!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!

We are learning to teach lessons. It is so amazing how the spirit can lead you what to say.  I say things to our investigators and I don't know where it comes from. I LOVE THE SPIRIT OF THE MTC. Our first lesson went terrible. My companion came out crying, so with that being said, let's just say there was a lot of room for improvement, but we are here to learn, so we picked up from our mistakes and prayed for help, and The Lord did indeed help us. Our lessons have been getting so much better. Sister Petire and I are starting to recognize the spirit and what the investigator needs. I invited someone to be baptized and he said yessssssss!!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to cry I was so happy.

Our teachers are our investigators for now and they are super awesome. One is from Africa, being a convert to the church for 5 years; one is famous from being on "the districts" and one just returned from his mission 2 weeks ago! I love my teachers. I am learning so much. When they act like they are our investigators, they are intense. They don't mess around and they ask hard questions. They want us prepared for the mission field.

The days here go by slow. I looked at my watch the second day and I was certain it was 9:00 p.m. but I looked and it was only 5:00 p.m.  I wanted to cry, but I didn't don't worry.  I buried my head back in Preach My Gospel and got to work!!!!

We played volleyball for PE and guessss whatttttttt?????? Sister Dahlberg was the best one. I am not lying, because lying isn't allowed here, so you all should totally believe me. I felt like an Olympic star, some of the sisters here............... can't play sports to save their life! I laughed and laughed! I may try and convince everyone that I am a college athlete. What do ya think? Oh and we lifted weights, I made the Sisters in my room one morning. They weren't too excited, but I refuse to get plump, so we went and lifted some iron. It was intense....... hahahaha



Okay funny story. So this Elder named Elder John came up to me in the cafeteria and asked if we knew each other, I didn't want to be mean, so I smiled.  (Side note, I had no idea who he was) He told me that he remembered seeing me cheer at a basketball game in Jr. High school) He said, “you were the cutest,” then realizing he was a missionary and he wasn't supposed to flirt.  He quickly corrected himself and said, sorry. He started again, “Hi, Sister Dahlberg I'm Elder John”.  He and his companion find me at lunch and they sit with me. The Sisters in my room don't let him talk to me. Once he grabbed my arm and I jumped back a little bit.  I thought we were all going to have a heart attack.  They make sure he keeps his distance, they are super protective over me, and make sure the elders stay away! While we are on the topic, so many missionaries here, I love seeing so many black nametags.  Elder John is leaving tomorrow for Florida. He is a nice friend to have.

DRUM ROLLLLLLLL. I saw Elder Canfield yesterday, he left for Japan today. Also, I saw the missionary, Elder Sellers, that we met at the temple the day I got set apart. He came up to me on our temple walk and was like HIIIIIIIIIIII, I turned around and started freaking out. It was a happy day! I also saw Liam Hemsworth here, haha......................... Elder Flinton.  He leaves on Thursday. When I see people from Ogden that I know, it feels like a little piece of Ogden is here with me and I love it so much.

I love the MTC, truly. I love being a missionary. It is hard, so hard. I am not going to lie. There are times that I wish that I were back at home, but the spirit here is what keeps me going! We are all in an army and we are marching out to proclaim the gospel to the world and it is the most amazing feeling.

I want to share some things with you that I have learned so far. I am here to stand up for Christ as his representative, in a world that seems to fall further and further from his teachings. "Follow me, do as I do." If you were to ask the Savior what he would want you to do on a mission? What would he say? The responses of the missionaries were amazing. The spirit was so strong. Really think about that question and make it relate to your life. I challenge all of you to pray, but not just pray and talk to yourself, pray and TALK TO GOD. He is listening, so lets all make our prayers more sincere. I promise it is a world of difference. On Sunday we learned so much, Brother Allen, an area seventy, came and spoke to us last night. He said something that I love. "Sometimes we hold the umbrella of sin over our heads, but then we miss out on the Lord's pouring out blessings." After that we watched a talk from Elder Bednar about the Characters of Christ, I wish I had more time to tell you about it. PLEASE try and find it and watch it, it will change your life. It changed mine and my heart was changed. PLEASE WATCH IT.

We went to the temple this morning. It is so fun to go outside and see cars and actual people walking on the streets. I am surprised Hunter or Callie weren't camping out on the lawn. hahaha I LOVE MY PROVO GIRLS AND I CAN FEEL YOU CLOSE. I love the temple!!!!

I love it here. It is hard, but what isn't hard that is worth it? Nothing. I love being a missionary and I love standing up for The Savior, being his representative. 

The relationship I have gained with The Savior is the thing that I am most grateful for, so far. It is truly so amazing, everything that I am learning. I love my Savior, for I am nothing without him by my side.

Letters, send me letters, please!!!!!!!! I love them!!!!!!! My MTC address is... 

Sister Brooke Lynn Dahlberg
OCT07 MO-STL
2007 N 900 E Unit 44
Provo UT 84602

Callie thanks for the letter and everyone that sent me a dear elder, thank you! Thank you!
Mom the packages rule!! The Sisters in my room love you! THANK YOU! I will try and write you back today!

I love you all. I wish I had more time to tell you about the experiences, but I am running short on time. I will try and send pictures after we get our laundry done. 

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. Stay strong, stay close to The Savior, and know that I am praying for you ALL. 

MUCH LOVE. Dad good luck on the blog post! You RULE!

Love,
Sister Dahlberg
 I LOVE THE MTC!!


AHHHHH I love my new name and I love the person I get to represent for the next 18 months!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment