June 15, 2014

heavenly father + my father here on earth

as i was driving home today from orem, i got thinking, i mean seriously thinking. as soft sunday sounds played on the radio in the background and as i drove on the freeway, i listened to the words from the song called "blessings" as the lyrics echoed in my ear...

"we pray for healing, for prosperity, we pray for your mighty hand to ease our suffering. all the while you hear each spoken need. yet love is way too much to give us lesser things. we doubt your goodness, we doubt your love. as if every promise from your word is not enough. all the while you hear each desperate plead, long if we'd have faith to believe."

my heart felt full. since i was a little girl i had learned that Heavenly Father is aware of us and will always be there for us, but i think today it really hit me hard, i felt my Heavenly Father's love and i realized something. in the moments in our life when we feel like we can't take one more step forward, or we can't see ahead in the darkness, or even so we don't understand certain things. Heavenly Father has promised us that he will be there for us, at anytime, at any place. his love is endless and he is willing and wanting to provide us with the love we so much deserve. Christ walked alone, so we wouldn't have to. because of him, we are never alone.

as i feel my Heavenly Father's love today, my heart indeed feels full for my father here on earth as well. just as my Heavenly Father is my number one fan, so is my father here on earth. he supports, protects, and loves me no matter what. he wants me to succeed and he will always be there for me, at anytime, at any place. i am lucky that Heavenly Father let me have this guy as my dad here on earth. i love you daddio. happy father's day.

go give your dad a big squeeze tonight because i think we would all agree that we wouldn't be the people we are today without dad's in the world.

i love my father in heaven.
i love my father here on earth.
i love fathers.





No comments:

Post a Comment