May 27, 2015

"Life In The Big City of St. Louis"














April 27th, 2015

Hi, it is me again.

It sounds like a lot is going on at home. Graduation, Finals, Weddings, ETC.  ISN'T LIFE GREAT? It is really cool to see where everyone is taking their lives! I wish you all the best.

Last week, I was asked to give a Book of Mormon training class and I was so happy to do so, I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON!

On Monday night I called Felicia, a recent convert while we were driving,,,,meanwhile Sister Ewell was thinking that we should call her.   We got on the phone and all she could say was NOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY. She was with a former investigator and he was trying to call us...but the line was busy because we were calling her!  Jessie got on the phone and told us he was ready to take the lessons again and to be eventually baptized on his own time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIRACLE. We have been teaching him and he loves God so much it is inspiring. We set a date for him to prepare for May 23rd!

We got everything done and our day planned on Tuesday, so we went to bed a couple minutes early. We were so tired. Long story short, The ZLS kept calling us but we thought..... we are not going to answer..... we are in bed..... then they called again.  I decided we should call them back. They told us some great news.  We are having a mission conference on Saturday and the president of the 70 is coming, bishop Stevenson, and QUINTON L. COOK is all COMING TO OUR MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hit 7 months this week. I don't have my seven month picture because everything seems to have been crazy lately. 

OH, I ACCIDENTALLY DRANK BUTTERMILK WITH MY CEREAL INSTEAD OF MILK.  I am here to tell you about it. DEVASTATING!!! I thought I was going to throw up. OOPPPPPSSS you live and you learn right? hahahahahahaha

We met Miranda a girl working at the food pantry and she knows so much about Mormons. We gave her the pamphlets and she was the sweetest girl ever. I WANT TO TEACH HER SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! She had the greatest questions.

We had stake conference this week and it was great. President and Sister Morgan spoke, and I learned lots. Here is a question to ask. A lot of people love the Cardinals here, right? Well President Morgan asked the question do we have session tickets to the temple?" I love that. Sister Morgan told a remarkable story about their son that was involved in an avalanche and how priesthood power is real.  I learned about the story of David and Goliath, and how we all have Goliaths in our world that we need to slay. President got to meet the Dambachers and Sammy our investigator at conference, which was super amazing!!

I had a good talk with Sister Morgan. President and Sister Morgan are miracles for me.

When we were walking out of stake conference, we told President and Sister Morgan about my buttermilk incident.  They got a laugh about that one. President was like..... OH NO..... and we all just laughed.  He told us that by June/July we are loosing about 60 missionaries. With this transfer only 3 are coming in. YIKES. HOPEFULLY WE START GETTING SOME SISTERS AND ELDERS SOON!  Hey everyone, come on a mission to St. Louis (:

Transfers are this week and I am not sure if I will stay or go. We will get transfer calls on Saturday. I can’t believe another transfer has come and gone. 

I love you and all of your support. 







May 4th, 2015

Hello to everyone,

WELL I JUST CHOPPED MY HAIR AND I AM HEADED TO THE CITY. WEBSTER GROVE (St. Louis) . I AM LEAVING JACKSONVILLE.  I am surprised, but I am excited to serve in the city. I heard my new companion is very sweet. President said that it would be a good move, just like the others. I didn't really think I was leaving and then when they said Sister Ewell was getting a new companion and I was like...... WHAT??? WHERE AM I GOING??? But I know that Heavenly Father now needs me somewhere else to serve his children!!

THIS WEEK. All I want to talk about is mission conference. We are still recovering from waking up at 4:15 a.m.  But it was the most amazing day. BEST DAY EVER!!! ALL THE MISSIONARIES GOT TO SHAKE THE GENERAL AUTHORITIES HANDS AND ELDER COOKS!!!!!!!! They wanted to make sure of it. I sat with Sister Montgomery on one side and my companion was on the other side.   WE SAT FRONT ROW, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE.  I turned to Sister Montgomery giggling telling her that we needed to be good. hahahaha  Fun fact. Elder Cook and Elder Holland were missionary companions! 

I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT. BECAUSE IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE. There was time to ask questions and then they all answered, “ How the Spirit inspired them.” We actually received advice from them!!! Then they all spoke to us. I didn't put my pen down. I want to share some of the things I learned on our phone call for Mothers Day.  I WAS JUST SMILING SO BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW THAT WE HAVE A PROPHET AND APSOTLES TO LEAD AND GUIDE US.  MY TESTIMONY GREW SO MUCH.  TRULY, THE SPIRIT WAS THE STRONGEST I HAVE EVER FELT IT.

"We wanted to meet with you. You are the heart of the church." Quinton L. Cook
"The Lord’s work is work, but it is sweet labor." Bishop Stevenson
"When you get missionaries together, we will get spiritual impressions." Quinton L. Cook
"You are at the best place you could be right now."
"You succeed when you invite, regardless of what happens." Quinton L. Cook


Seriously, I have so many notes I want to share. Hearing the testimony of Jesus Christ's leaders and apostles was something I will always remember. The spirit was beaming. I KNOW THIS CHURCH IS TRUE WITH ALL MY HEART.

"I know The Savior’s voice.  I know what He looks like." Quinton L. Cook

At the end of our conference we all sang, “I know my Redeemer Lives.” I looked at Elder Cook and he had tears running down his cheeks.  I felt the spirit so strong and I got a confirmation again that this is THE TRUE CHURCH AND I AM RIGHT WHERE I NEED TO BE, SERVING OUR SAVIOR AND REDEEMER.  Never will I forget the feelings I felt at mission conference.

Now when I put on my missionary tag every morning, it means so much more, not saying it didn't mean a lot before. But I feel like I am growing so much closer to the person I wear on my nametag. 

"You are loved by the Savior and you are loved by the leaders of the church." -Elder Cook

It was so fun to see all my companions. A bunch of us went to lunch together and it was fun to catch up and to hear about all the different areas. 

This week we have been working out with a recent convert, to help prepare for her mission, we wake up early and it has been fun. Illinois sure is getting green! While we were out today running/walking it was pouring rain. 

I still can't believe I am leaving.  I just got off the phone with President Morgan and he said it is going to be fun to have me closer to the city. I AM EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! I told him I will be sad to leave Jacksonville, but I know that Heavenly Father needs me somewhere else.

Saying my goodbyes is so NOT fun. You come to absolutely love the people and they change your life forever and then you have to say goodbye. But the best part of it all is that Heavenly Father’s plan is perfect and I trust him with all of my heart. 

The White family emailed me and they want to be sealed in in the Nauvoo temple.   Our mission rule is that we cannot leave our area.  So I told them the news and this was their reply. 

"We will wait until your mission is completed, a few months won't matter in a 20 year journey." They changed my life forever. My mission has changed me forever. 

Regarding Mother’s Day, I have NO IDEA where I will be calling from and what time, not a clue, since I will be in a different area!!!! Please just stay by the phone!! I can't wait to talk to you family!!! MOM, DON'T OPEN YOUR PACKAGE UNTIL MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL! I REALLY AM SO HAPPY!!!!

I think I forgot to mention this, one night my companion chopped 8 inches off of her hair with normal scissors!!!!!! I almost had a panic attack.   Before she cut it, I told her she should sleep on her decision. She had me cut the back and I tried my best but did it super UNEVEN. YIKES!  I am learning so much on my mission. I now know that I will not have a career in hair cutting.  hahaha







May 11, 2015

Hello to the people I absolutely adore,

I woke up this morning and I was debating if talking to you yesterday was a dream or not. hahaha It was so great to see your faces and to hear your voices. My heart was happy. I love you all so much, but I KNOW that I need to be here. 10 months will come sooner than we can imagine. I FORGOT TO SHOW YOU MY SIGN LANGUAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Well, I am in the city of St. Louis and I can't quite seem to believe it. There are people, cars, stores, more stores, Target and T J Maxx, and I don’t even know what to do with myself. At church yesterday there were so many people, it was so loud, and I was in shock. It almost felt like a ward in Utah, but different. We split the area with a set of elders and the APS are serving next to us. We have been giving them referrals and they are having some success from our referrals, which has been neat to see. The Lords work moves forward in every area, GOD CARES ABOUT ALL OF HIS CHILDREN. Obedience truly brings blessings.

We are doing everything we can to meet people, to start teaching. We are trying to build up the teaching pool and to prepare people for baptism. STREET CONTACTING FOR DAYS.  BUS CONTACTING FOR DAYS….just talking to everyone.

My new companion is from Las Vegas and she is a genius, physics major. SMART GIRL. She is 22 and she is the sweetest human in the world. She went to BYU for 3 years before her mission. SHE IS A HARD WORKER. SHE IS DETERMINED. SHE HAS FAITH. SHE IS POSITIVE. SHE LOVES THIS WORK. SHE IS STRONG. SHE IS OBEDIENT. SHE IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. I LOVE HER. We laugh.... oh boy do we laugh..... This morning we had to go to the dentist.  She was certain she was going to have to get her teeth pulled out and get a set of dentures.  We found out that she just had some popcorn stuck in her tooth. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  At night before we go to bed, we just giggle and talk about the day. WE ARE DETERMINED TO SEE THE MIRACLES EVERY DAY. WE ARE GOING TO LEAVE THIS AREA BETTER THAN WE FOUND IT. WE ARE DETERMINED. 

A lot of people here are going to Medical school. I have loved being here and getting to know this area. 

I am just really grateful for my mission. Oh, the things I have learned, it is amazing. I couldn't do this without The Lord. I am so happy I am helping Him in his work. After all he has done for me, I am happy to give back as much as I can. Here are a few things I have learned. JUST A FEW.

1. I can do HARD THINGS
2. MAIL IS GOLD
3. GOD IS GOOD
4. It is possible to burn eggs.
5. God loves us. It is pure and simple.
6. Jesus Christ is the light.
7. The people you meet on your mission will change your life forever.
8. If you want to make God laugh, tell him YOUR plans.
9. Obedience brings blessings, it is simple.
10. If you aren't laughing, you are doing missionary work wrong.
11. TALK TO EVERYONE.
12. Miracles are everywhere. LOOK FOR THEM.
13. You can never give out too many Book of Mormons, pass along cards, and pamphlets.
14. Everyone gets as many START OVERS as they need, the beauty of the Atonement brothers and sisters.
15. It takes over 3 hours for my hair to dry in this humidity.
16. Wearing my nametag still makes me giddy and oh so happy.
17. Being tired all the time is normal, completely normal.
18. Homesickness is normal, but it will go away the harder you work.
19. God answers prayers. God loves his missionaries and he carries us through this work.
20. Don't wash whites with blues.
21. TRUST. Walk when you can't see and hold to the rod. 
22. LOVE CHANGES PEOPLE. (Thank you Sister Montgomery)
23. JESUS CHRIST LIVES.
24. I represent the person I love the most, Heavenly Father and his perfect Son.
25. As I try to save others, GOD SAVES ME.

And the list could go on and on and on. I love that my name is Sister Dahlberg. I love that I am a missionary here and now. Have a happy week.  I love you all.

SISTER DAHLBERG!!!
















May 18, 2015

I just want everyone to know that I love you and I am grateful for my service as a full time missionary. Best decision I have ever made. 

St. Louis is the city of miracles. I love it here.

We were teaching a lesson with one of our investigators, Lulu, and she needed to go somewhere to get her passport, but was really struggling. We had another appointment with another investigator, but the spirit told me to not worry and to go with LULU.  I looked at my companion and I said, “We need and should go with her.”  We asked LULU if we could go with her for support and she just started beaming, she couldn't believe that we would go with her.  So we took off and sprinted and I mean sprinted with Lulu to catch a bus.  The bus stop was far away and we only had 8 minutes to get there. We were running and Lulu was super tired and we encouraging her to keep going, the whole time I was praying.  Oh boy, was I praying. We made the bus and we made it to where we needed to go. My companion and I were reminded that we were here to do the Lord’s work, to be the angel on Lulu's right and left hand, just as he sends us angels to bare us up.

On Monday, we were at Target and a worker there told us that we looked fierce and that we were spot on. We started giggling and then realized the importance of what she said, we felt tired and we didn't look very cute, but she saw something much more, she saw us as we are, representatives of JESUS CHRIST. We explained to her what we were doing and who we represent.   She mentioned that she had seen missionaries teach lessons in Target before, and she had been on lds.org to look up what Mormons believe.  JASMINE CAN WE GET YOUR NUMBER AND START TEACHING YOU? We met back a few days later and let me tell you something, SHE IS PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE GOSPEL. You know how they say people are lost because they don't know where to find the truth.... that is her.  Her first question was, “I have looked for the LDS church here and haven't been able to find it...Where is it?”   We taught her the message of the restoration and it was it all made sense to her. Later, we found out that she lives in the APS area, but works in ours.  So the APS told us to refer her to the YSA missionaries, because she is 21 and we feel they will help her the most.  I would be lying if I told you I wasn't heartbroken.  We called her last night to explain the situation and she asked if the other sisters would be as nice as we were.  We told her we would go with her to introduce her to the new sisters and that they would be great! We told the APS we want to go to her baptism, they better put in the good word. hahaha  

It is a blessing to see that God’s work is TRULY HIS WORK. We are all on one team, the greatest team of all, trying to accomplish the same goal, to bring others unto Christ. It is not about the numbers. I absolutely love and adore Jasmine.  Just in the short time since we met, she has changed my life. God really does place people in our path. Obedience brings blessings, oh how I love this work.

We shared that story at ZLT with the missionaries.   It is great to see and realize that everyone is watching us as representatives of Jesus Christ, even the worker at Target. We went on exchanges and Sister Gadi came here to Webster.  I looked at Lulu during that lesson and told Lulu that she NEEDED to be baptized and she was just smiling.  She finally let Jesus Christ into her life. She pulled out a notebook and we set goals for baptism. I LOVE LULU! SHE IS THE STRONGEST PERSON. She told us that no one has ever cared for her as much as we do, the love of God is powerful I tell you. I love people, just as the Savior does. LULU CAME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY AND BROUGHT HER 2 YEAR OLD SON!!!! Her mom was baptized in Africa and she used to go with her when she was little, she turned to me in sacrament meeting and whispered, "It is good to know it is the same all around the world." She also turned to her son as the young men were passing sacrament and told him that, that would be him some day. My heart was smiling so big.  No wonder Satan didn't want me to come on a mission, I never have been so happy that I am able to represent Jesus Christ as a full time missionary.

We met with Daniel and Carolyn and I told Sister Gadi that we were going to read the BOM with them.  But we had 2 members there, so I felt strongly that we needed to have a testimony meeting.  So we did and the spirit was so strong in the room. They bore their testimonies, it was pure, it was deep. Sister Edgel and I went back a few days ago and both Carolyn (mom) and Daniel(son) are preparing for baptism on JUNE 13TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THIS CHURCH IS TRUE.  I can promise you from the bottom of my soul.

We were walking to see if we could find a less actives house, and we had no luck. It was getting late and we were walking back to the car and we saw a man standing by a barbecue shop smoking.  The spirit told us both, turn around and talk to him. We walked toward him with faith that Heavenly Father would help us know what to say to help him.  He looked at us and smiled and said, "Mormons."  We talked with him and ended up having an hour lesson about the BOM and The Restoration.  It was amazing to see his whole demeanor change; he felt the light of Christ. We have another appointment with him this week. We got in the car and I was like, next gospel principles teacher? GOD IS THE HEAD OF THIS WORK. 

We also went to see an unknown that was on the records, but couldn't find her name on other records, so we just went to see her.  We knocked on the door and I honestly didn't think anything was going to happen, probably another door slammed in our face, but to our surprise she let us in.  We started to share a message with her, she began to open up and she told us that she was excommunicated years ago and wanted to be baptized again and start coming back. Her husband doesn't like the idea, but we caught her at the perfect time. Her daughter is getting married in the St. Louis temple this month!!!! She told us how much she missed church and she wanted it back. We really have been praying for them, especially for the husband's heart to soften. GOD LED US TO HER, that I can promise you. 

Yesterday Lulu loved church; she had comments in Relief Society and her son made friends in nursery. I sit here emailing with tears in my eyes and a happy heart. I hope you all know how much this experience means to me, it means the world. I am a representative of Jesus Christ and I couldn't be happier. 

I love you all.
My eyes are so tired, you think I would get used to this by now. MISSIONARY WORK IS WORK that is for sure, but I love it so much. We are headed to the city to do some shopping! yay!!









May 26, 2015

Hi sweet family and friends,

Sorry we didn't email yesterday, Memorial Day. But I am happy to email today. 

Before I forget, remember the girl from Target?  Jasmine, we had a lesson with her at the park with the YSA sisters and I felt inspired to tell her that what she was doing will truly change her life forever. We had a lesson about BOM and it was just a sweet, spiritual, lesson. SHE COMMITTED TO BEING BAPTIZED!! Wow, I am excited! 

I just heard news that Kenney (an investigator) from Marceline came to church. And also the sisters in Jacksonville are teaching the lady we met working at the food pantry and gave her pamphlets and BOM.  They are teaching her, her parents, and her boyfriend.  The lady we met at transfer meeting that lived in Jacksonville, is now taking the lessons seriously! THIS IS THE LORDS WORK. WE ARE ALL ON ONE TEAM!

So funny.... yesterday for P. Day, we went to Grants farm with two other sisters and it was awesome. We almost rode a camel.  The sisters called president Morgan to ask if camels were under the same category as horse riding in the white handbook..........................We aren’t allowed to ride horses but thought we should ask about camels…just in case we could.  President Morgan just laughed at us.  Well, they just might want to add camel riding to the white handbook. jk But seriously who would have thought in St. Louis there would be camel riding. lol President Morgan thought we could have our own journey just like Lehi crossing Jerusalem..... We all giggled.  But do not worry, I made a mental note and put it on my bucket list for after the mission.  President Morgan is so great!

Tuesday, we get a call from a lady speaking Spanish.  She wanted to learn, but we didn't and couldn't understand what she was saying.  I remembered CASA was house and that is all.... oh man, I should have paid more attention in Spanish class.  Well, we referred them to the APS and then to the Spanish-speaking elders.

We were waiting for our bus and we had a few minutes to spare.  We went and knocked on a door.  You see, we have been praying for a family of 4 to teach.  Sure enough, the lady opens the door and lets us in and there is a picture on the wall of her family of! 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was a Spanish lady so we referred her to the Spanish-speaking elders.  But what a miracle, once again we are all on the same team, working together to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.

We found a potential investigator, Jackie and she has a lot of great questions. 

This week was a little rough, but we kept plugging away. A lady opened the door for us and said she would go get her dad and while we weren't looking, she closed the door and locked it right in our face. "WE AS HIS SERVANTS CAN’T EXPECT ANYTHING LESS THAN THE MASTER." 

We were walking to the bus stop and were practicing our signing for the song, “ When I am Baptized”.  Our goal is to sing at district meeting someday.  It was dark and some guy scared us.  I fell to my knees and sister Edgel went running of. It was hilarious!  Oh my heck, I was afraid and I considered running but decided not to leave my companion.  And she took off running....... hahaha  Well at least now I know how she truly feels about me. JK.  He turned out to be a nice guy that was just trying to be funny. He asked us what song we were singing.  We told him and he asked us to sing it for him, so we did.  He said we did fine.  We got his information to teach him and we are pretty sure he lives in the APS area.

Earlier that day we were walking and the district leader called and asked if we were sitting down.  We stopped walking and sat down on the grass.  We both were starting to panic.  I thought maybe something terrible had happened............ Nope.  It turns our ELDER D. TODD CHRISTOFERSON IS COMING TO OUR MISSION ON MONDAY TO TALK TO US. Yes, we are having another mission conference and another apostle is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The Lord really is proud of this mission and how far we have come. We are all so excited!

We taught primary on Sunday and it was great.  We taught them about missionary work.  We told the kiddos to come and find us each Sunday and share with us a missionary experience they had during the week and we would give them a sticker. (: start the little ones early, preparing them for missions!

We had a lesson with LULU, and we were teaching the law of chastity.  Currently, she lives with her fiancĂ©.  We told her that her bishop could marry them and that we would be happy to help her plan her wedding.  She asked us to be her bridesmaids.  We are just waiting on her paper work to come back, so she can get a marriage license.  After she is married, hopefully the next step she wants to take will be baptism!!!!! She came to church again with her little son Mosi and everyone literally adores her. We have a lesson with her tonight at a member’s home. 

8 months…Say what??? One month from being halfway. What? I still can't figure out if time is going slow or fast.

I am so excited for mission conference this week, to see all the missionaries again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love hearing from my old companions and hearing from the people in the areas where I have served.   GOD IS GOOD.  I also love hearing about my friends all throughout the world. 

HOPE ON.
JOURNEY ON. -Jeffery R. Holland

I love you all.
Love, Sister Dahlberg 





No comments:

Post a Comment