January 08, 2015

Merry Christmas 2014, Happy New Year 2015







12/29/14
Well hello, hello, hello.

I hope everyone had a very Merry CHRISTmas!!

First, there was so much that I wanted to say and tell you on our Christmas phone call.  Please just know that I love you guys a lot and thank you for your support. I think I was in shock that we were actually talking…and I didn't even know what to think, but it was super great to see your faces and to hear your voices.

Now you are pretty much caught up on the stories about earlier this week and about us walking the man home in the pouring rain. Most spiritual, humbling experience ever. I want to cry just thinking about it. Also, Mr. White COMMITTED TO BE BAPTIZED!!!! SUCH A SOLID WEEK!

I am sure you aren't surprised......but I have another story for you. SO TRANSFER CALLS WERE SATURDAY NIGHT.....the zone leaders and the sister training leaders usually call around 9:00.....or 9:30 p.m.......so Sister Montgomery and I were pretty nervous all day......well I will speak for myself....I was super nervous.... I had a feeling that Sister Montgomery was going to be leaving, but we were both in denial. I know that Sister Montgomery asked President to let us stay together.....but we all know that the man upstairs is in charge. Anyhow. Here comes the story.....so around 8:00 p.m. we were wondering what to do......I told Sister Montgomery we should stop by a person house that we had taught a lesson to the first few weeks we were here. We both agreed. So we went to get out of the car......AND PRESIDENT HAD CALLED AND LEFT A VOICEMAIL. Wait a minute....... it wasn't nine yet.................As soon as I saw him calling, I KNEW that Sister Montgomery and I were not staying together.....he wouldn't call to tell us we were staying together. He was calling us to assure us everything was going to be okay...... We listened to his message and he said he was calling to relive some anxiety about transfer calls....we called him back.....he didn't answer..... So I left him a message telling him we would get back with him after we visited a LOVELY lady named Kasey. Sister Montgomery and I got out of the car.................went up to the door................some lady opened the door..........STARTED SCREAMING saying, "I was baptized in your church. I am now Wicken. Never come back to this door again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" AND SHE SLAMMED THE DOOR IN OUR FACES. We stood there and started giggling. We walked back to the car wondering who was that lady? What was she talking about? So we got back in the car and President was calling again. So we answered it giggling, and I was SO NERVOUS. We told him what just happened and he just said, OH NO and we all giggled. So after a bit he asked us if we wanted to guess what was going to happen........ Sister Montgomery said, WE ARE BOTH STAYING. He said, “NO ONE OF YOU IS LEAVING... SISTER MONTGOMERY IS LEAVING. I AM GOING TO HAVE HER HELP OUT BY BEING A STL,” We asked "Where? What zone? "  He replied, “I am going to wait to have your zone leaders tell you that part.”  When he told us Sister Montgomery was leaving...........we just sat there quiet...President asked, “Are you still there?”  hahaha “Yes, we are”........Sister Montgomery asked President if she could come back for the baptisms in January.....he paused and said, “We will do everything we can to get you back.” Then he told me about the new sister coming to Marceline and how wonderful of a missionary she was.

He thanked us for everything we have done together and told us it has been a highlight for him over the past three months. He was sad to break up the Marceline sisters, but he assured us that everything was going to work out. We thanked him for calling and he thanked us again for everything we have done here. Later that night when the sister training leaders called and told us SISTER MONTGOMERY IS GOING TO BE AN STL IN COLUMBIA..........................MY ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS MY NEW SISTER TRAINING LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE CAN MAKE IT BACK FOR THE BAPTISMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN GO ON EXCHANGES TOGETHER!!!!! WE WERE SO HAPPY, YET SO SAD WE WERE NO LONGER GOING TO BE COMPANIONS!!! BUT SHE IS NOW MY STL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!! The new sister coming is Sister Hayden and she is from Washington. I have heard many wonderful things about her. I am excited to meet her on Wednesday and welcome her to Marceline with open arms, yet I am so sad to see Sister Montgomery go. I think we may have to go on a lot of exchanges this transfer, so she can come back to Marceline.

As I sit and reflect on everything Sister Montgomery has done for me the past two transfers, I get emotional. She has helped me in every aspect of missionary work and life in general. She has been there for me every second and cared for me. She has not only helped me to become a better missionary, but a better person. SHE IS MY HERO!!! We always found time to giggle and tease each other along the way. I now have a dear friend, someone that will always be very dear to me forever and ever. Looks like I will be spending a lot of time in Arizona.......when I get back. She is a solid missionary, with a powerful testimony and love for the gospel. She works hard, and knows how to love people unconditionally no matter what. Not only did she help save God's children here that we taught or came in contact with, she SAVED ME. I am so sad to see her go, but what a wonderful sister leader she will be for this mission and for THIS ZONE!!! THE COLUMBIA ZONE!!!!

Yesterday at church the goodbyes were sad. We went to meet with the Bloss family and Tristan, the 9 year old, went into his room and cried and cried. Everyone was crying. While we were with the Bloss family, I asked them to go around the room and have each one of them say something we were going to miss about Sister Montgomery......it was tender. She is going to be MISSED BY MANY PEOPLE HERE.

We talked about and if we didn't trust in God to come on a mission, then we wouldn't have met the people we have, HIS PLAN IS ALWAYS BEST. Now we need to trust in him that something wonderful lies ahead for her in Columbia and she has new people to meet, teach, and bless. I am so excited for the lives she will bless. SISTER MONTGOMERY IS WONDERFUL!!! 

Today we have a lot to do, regarding getting her packed up, and getting things ready for the new sister coming in, so now we cherish every single second left together being missionary companions and trust in God. We are going to have MEATLOAF with Sister Smith after emailing. When we told her one of us was leaving, she told us that she wanted that mission president's number and she was going to call him and try to change his mind. HAHAHA I love little lady. President Morgan is called Of God and is very inspired. I know this is what Heavenly Father needs. Change is always different, but without change how would we grow? We could not.

A new adventure ahead....... I am excited for both of us. I can't believe I made it through 2 transfers. 3 months down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I love you all. 
My address will still be the same.

MUCH LOVE.

My thoughts and prayers are with you ALWAYS. HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM MARCELINE MISSOURI!!!!!!!!!!

"God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are and with His help where you are willing to go." -Jeffery R. Holland

BE HAPPY!

Let’s all start our New Year off by drawing ourselves closer The Savior. Follow his teachings. Follow his footsteps. Strive to become more like him. If you have fallen, pick yourself up and TRY again. I promise and testify to you all that as your align your will, to his, you will be happier. He offers MORE peace. MORE happiness. MORE mercy. MORE love. If you have lost him, turn around and QUICKLY try to find him. With The Savior of the world on your side. YOU cannot AND WILL NOT FAIL.

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE THAT GOT ENGAGED OVER CHRISTMAS!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

LOVE YOU!

-Sister Dahlberg 





1/5/15

Hi,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

Did everyone have the best New Year ever? I hope so. Our New Year’s Eve was spent traveling back from St. Louis! Nothing like transfers on New Years Eve! With that being said- I have a new companion, her name is Sister Hayden, from Washington State. She is 21 and has been out on her mission almost 9 months! She is a very sweet girl. I think sometimes I may overwhelm her because of my big personality. We have different personalities, but I know that we are companions for a reason and I look forward to what this transfer has in store. We are both willing and wanting to work very hard! Sister Hayden has served close to the city, so oh sweet little Marceline will be an adjustment for her! There are no words to describe it here! Oh Marceline....... hahaha you gotta love it. One Sonic, one gas station, and a dollar general, and not to mention our church is in a doublewide trailer. MARCELINE IS THE BEST!

Saying goodbye to Sister Montgomery was rough, I feel very blessed that she was my companion and my trainer for the past 3 months! We told President at transfer meeting that we were going to glue ourselves together and he was going to pull us apart. Sister Montgomery and I shared the miracle at transfer meeting, which was fun! We drove with a member back to Columbia. Sister Montgomery, Sister Hayden, and I... Sister Montgomery and I kept telling her all about Marceline. I fell asleep in the car and Sister Montgomery put sticky notes everywhere in my scriptures, planner, journal etc....saying the sweetest things, so now even though she is gone, I find her little notes everywhere and it makes me so happy. What a blessing it is that she is one of the STL's over my zone, I have already called her a few times and it has been a huge blessing!

The member that drove us talked to president I guess she told him he should let me serve somewhere with shopping…and he just laughed. The member was the funniest lady in the world. She tried to stop and take us shopping...but we told her that we had to get back to work. Mom, she reminded me of you!  When I got out of the car she told me that she was going to call the AP's and request that I serve in Columbia soon. hahahah she made me laugh!

This week, Sister Hayden has been getting to know the area, the members, and the investigators. We have had some awesome and powerful lessons with the White family and the Bloss family. We went to visit Deloris Smith and Sister Hayden thought she was hilarious! Last night at the Bloss lesson, the little 9 year old, Tristen asked if I would make him a sign to put by his bed to remind him to pray. It was the sweetest thing. Also, this week we were planning on going and visiting Sydney later, but I kept feeling like we needed to go earlier. So we went over before we went to The Bloss's on New Year’s Day, and I quickly realized why the spirit kept prompting me to have us go earlier. She needed us and I often wonder what would have happened if I wouldn't have followed that promoting? Please follow the promptings of the spirit. Be an answer to someone's prayer that might need you! The spirit is there to guide and direct us and to lead us. What a blessing that is. 

ALSO SKEETER, the old branch president that has been less active for years, BORE HIS TESTIMONY YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!! OH MY. IT WAS SO POWERFUL. I just sat there in amazement. He shared about how he went to a different church for a while, but he never once felt the spirit there.  He talked a little bit about meeting Sister Montgomery and I and that this church is where he needed to be, even though he has tried to ignore it for a long time. I just wanted to cry I was so happy. You know it is amazing what this gospel can do for people. WOW! 

Mr. White said the closing prayer after we watched some Mormon Messages with their family and it was powerful, I was smiling from ear to ear the entire time!!! I love seeing the growth in people! I LOVE SEEING WHAT THE GOSPEL CAN DO FOR PEOPLE. THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS AS CLEAR AS CAN BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!

Okay......I still can't believe that FELICIA is engaged. SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I am so sad I will miss your wedding, but I will be at your wedding in spirit. AHHHHHHHH!!! THOSE PICTURES YOU SENT ME. Still dying….congrats! So so so so so so so so happy for you.

Hunter.....MITCHELL IS HOME. You should have seen me when you sent me that picture. I sat here in this little library dying...............WOW. I knew he was coming this month sometime, but I had no idea HE WAS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously no more weddings while I am gone, Hunter you have to wait 15 months to get married. SERIOUSLY WAIT FOR ME TO COME BACK! AHHHH!!!! Maybe I'll tell president I have to fly home for a few weddings this year.....he will understand.....don't ya think? JK. SO HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the sweetest, most adorable friends in the world. Whether you a friend serving a mission, GETTING MARRIED, going to school, or just loving life, I am so happy for you. Seriously, I often think HOW BLESSED I AM TO HAVE THE FRIENDS I DO. You guys are the best.

Family, I love you a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love telling people about you and I always tell them that you guys will come back when I get home and visit the people here in Marceline! If you can will you send pictures from home, like pictures from when I was home. I have some, but I just wish I had some more to show when people they ask! Also...... WHERE DOES DAHLBERG COME FROM? Everyone asks and I just never know what to say. hahaha

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May we all focus on centering our lives on Jesus Christ and try to follow him more fully?  It is a new year and a new start for us all! If you lost sight of him, turn around and find him QUICKLY again. He is the light. He leads and guides this church. 

I promise you, His way is the ONLY way. I know that from the bottom of my heart to be true. THIS CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SO SO SO TRUE!!!! 

I love you all! Have a wonderful week. Be happy and reach out to someone, be an answer to someone’s prayer, following the promptings of the spirit, and notice God’s hand in your life. 

A SISTER MISSIONARY IN MISSOURI ADORES YOU!

LOVE YOU ALL TO PIECES!!!!!!

Love, 

sister dahlberg!!




No comments:

Post a Comment