November 06, 2014

Halloween Time In Marceline






11/4/2014

HELLO
HELLO
HELLO

How is everyone? I hope all is well and everyone is happy and smiling because the Lord loves you. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. HE LOVES YOU, YES YOU! For every flaw and mistake, he loves you JUST THE WAY YOU ARE. 

Oh boy... I am not going to lie. This week felt like 25 years, but it was a solid week here in Marceline. 

On Tuesday I received a blessing by my district leader and The Lord has given me strength. Something that has really hit me on my mission is the power of the priesthood. The power a worthy man of this church has to act in God's name. What an honor and privilege. I appreciate the priesthood so much and I would encourage the men reading this to always be worthy of it because it is an honor for you. Never take it for granted. You hold the same priesthood that Christ had to heal the sick and help the blind see. THE SAME EXACT POWER FROM GOD, AND YOU HOLD IT. I now know its a very POWERFUL power and divinity. I am grateful for Priesthood holders who can perform blessings when needed. 

OKAY FUNNIEST THING OF THE WEEK------------------------ We were teaching one of our investigators.  I saw, in the kitchen of her trailer, a mouse run------------------ I thought, NO I AM JUST IMAGING THINGS.................................. DON'T FREAK OUT SISTER DAHLBERG. And then........................ there was one by Sister Montgomery's foot..........and ANOTHER one ran in between some boxes. I ABOUT DIED.  Sister Montgomery and I didn’t say a word until we got in the car and then we FREAKED OUT!

MIRACLE- There are miracles every day and here is once I want to tell you about.  We were short on time and couldn't go to the grocery store last week. We had 3 lessons to teach and a lot to get done.  We were walking down the stairs and I was telling Sister Montgomery how I would love some fruit and vegetables, we had none.  That night we went to church and our branch president surprised us with dinner that included…. VEGETABLES!  I tell you what, miracles big or small, they happen every single day. 

HALLOWEEN- OH MY GOODNESS. It will be one I NEVER FORGET. We helped some members pass out popcorn at the little movie theater on Main Street. After that, we went to another members home and we talked and roasted marshmallows.  Halloween night was freezing. SO COLD. The humidity here makes everything so much colder. Sister Montgomery got out of the member’s car and she had a panicked look on her face as she was SEARCHING for the keys in her purse.  Well you see, Sister Montgomery discovered she had left the keys in our apartment and we were locked out...Please picture this.  We are on the phone with our district leader and he is trying to teach us step by step how to break through the lock with a credit card.  A member came and is trying to use a butter knife to get inside. We finally got in.  IT WAS FUNNY.   

This weekend we had Stake Conference in Columbia, which is about 1.5 hours away. We rode with members both days. I LOVED STAKE CONFERENCE SO MUCH!!

Here are some things I learned this week at Stake Conference

1.Trust in The Lord and then step back and see what will happen.
2. Rely on The Lord and you will know of his great spirit and love.
3. See people as Heavenly Father sees them.
4. If the vilest of sinners (The sons of Mosiah) can become great in the sight of God, there is always hope for me, Sister Dahlberg. There is hope for all of us.
5. The Lord has infinite mercy.
6. Jesus Christ is the only way
7. God gives us strength to endure any challenge.
8. WE CAN NOT DO THIS ALONE
9. We should rejoice because Heavenly Father loves us
10 Jesus Christ is an essential need, SEARCH FOR HIM
11. The savior says, "I will draw nearer to you, if you seek me." SEEK HIM.
12. NEVER give up, have hope.
13. TURN TO CHRIST!!! He says so himself, "Abide with me."
14. Follow FOREVER the straight path.
15. God loves you and wants to journey this life with you.

A thought for you all-----------------------------

DO WE HAVE A DESIRE TO SEARCH FOR OUR SAVIOR? HOW QUICKLY DO WE REALIZE HE IS THERE OR GONE? DO WE TURN AROUND AND QUICKLY TRY TO FIND HIM ONCE WE LOST HIM?

Seek until you can find him. WE NEED HIM. HE IS OUR HOPE. 

BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never forget that a girl is Missouri cherishes every singe one of you. Have a good week!

Love, 

Sister Dahlberg!






No comments:

Post a Comment